Bite Adjustment – Yorktown Heights, New York
A bite is considered to be healthy when all or most of the teeth are present and not destroyed by normal daily usage.
It is destructive when teeth show wear, looseness or when TMJ (jaw joint) damage is seen. Bite therapy helps restore a bite that can function without damage and destruction. The therapy may include:
- Reshaping the biting surfaces of the teeth and eliminating spots of excessive pressures where the teeth are brought into contact. This is done by carefully dividing bite pressures evenly across all of the teeth.
- Bite splint therapy using a custom-fitted mouthguard to keep the teeth apart, usually worn at night.
- Braces to reposition malaligned or drifted teeth.
- Replacement of old, worn out or damaged fillings.
- Reconstruction of badly worn and damaged teeth.